Dental Implants - El Segundo, CA
Do I Need a Permanent Replacement?
When a tooth is lost, the supporting bone structure quickly begins to deteriorate. This is because the root of the teeth provide pressure to the bone, keeping it strong and healthy. Dentures rest on top of the bone, contributing to its deterioration. Without replacing proper stimulation, bone loss can result in premature aging, a sunken facial appearance and problems with the remaining teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are used for both functional and cosmetic reasons, and provide a host of advantages over traditional tooth replacement options.
- Dental implants massage your bone in a natural way, lowering the likelihood of continuing bone loss at the site of your missing tooth.
- Dental implants are permanent replacements for missing teeth; you can treat them like the rest of your natural teeth.
- Implant surgery in the hands of an experienced clinician is very safe. Dr. Javid has implanted hundreds of dental implants in his career.
- Dental implants can keep your other teeth from shifting.
- Dental implants allow you to speak clearly.
- Dental implants enable you to eat what you want.
- If cared for properly, dental implants can last your lifetime.